Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Relax

I have been going non-stop lately. I finally have time to sit down, relax, and update you guys on the fabulous life of Sara : ) haha

I've been working around 70 hours a week. It's insane but I wouldn't trade it. I absolutely love my job. Not too many people can say that so I'm definitely blessed in that department.. among many others as well.

I have a day off (tomorrow) and I am so thrilled about it! haha. I really want to sleep in, but I've got an engagement in at 8:45.  Too bad I couldn't just make a transport device so I could just BOOM! be where I need to be in an instant. Why hasn't that been invented yet? Shesh scientist are slackin' if you ask me.

So I'm going on a MUCH needed hike tomorrow. I've missed being out there so much ever since I started this new job. But hey you can't have everything right?

Speaking of.... I have sad news. I just found out last night that I didn't get accepted to Conservation Patagonia. They are trying a new program out this year where they're giving the internships to the locals as paid work. It really is a great opportunity to boost themselves among the community and help support the natives and what not.. but that still doesn't mean that I'm not immensely bummed. A friend of mine said today "When God closes doors he opens windows" hahahaha it definitely made me laugh.... Still bummed out though. Who knows what's next after the Pacific Crest Trail. Only time will tell.

These past two days my sister got a camp ground at San Elijo State Beach. So we camped out there (after work of course) and we all had a really great time. I'm definitely going to miss the company of my loved ones while I'm gone. When I woke up I call out to my sister, "it looks like a bird died in here." hahaha it was comical. Time for a new sleeping bag I'd say. So much for my pops old one. But hey it served its purpose. This does however mean that I can cut some weight on my pack.. but then again it means that I've gotta drop a chunk of change on a new sleeping bag. Sucks. Oh well I suppose.

I cannot wait.. 29 days. It's getting surreal. I'm so anxious. This is going to be one heck of an adventure... wait.. this IS one heck of an adventure. And I'm so grateful to be able to share it w you guys!

Looking forward to my day off : D

Sara

PS- Get out there and do something great w your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment