Wednesday, March 14, 2012

36 Days!

I've been counting down the days for awhile now, but I'm really gettin down to the final push. I can't believe that I'm doing this. AHHHH! I'm thrilled to be embarking on this incredibly adventure on the Pacific Crest Trail!

I've been working nonstop putting in around 70 hours a week. I am immensely thankful to have been given the opportunity to work and save the money that I'm going to need. My one wish is that I won't have to worry about anything money related while I'm on trail. We all know how much of a stressor money is.... and I don't want it interfering w this journey.

I went and picked up a sleeping bag liner last night. Because of the Traumatic Brain Injury I am unable to regulate my body temperate so therefor I get VERY cold. The liner will aid in keeping me nice and toasty... and people wonder why I named my dog Toast... hahah.  The best part about the liner.. aside from it's amazing ability to keep me warm.. is the color! PURPLE! On the outside of the container it's boring blue. When I opened up the package I was shocked to see my FAVORITE color staring me in the face. It was definitely, hands down, w out a doubt, a sign. It was just screaming in my face.. BUY ME! BUY ME! So.. haha naturally I purchased the little sucker. I mean my favorite color? And warmth? Who in their right mind would be able to pass that up?

There's only a few more purchases that I need to make until I'm all done gear shopping. Those include (but are not limited to) - A top base layer, all weather gloves, a hat, a pot.. and I believe that's it! Can you believe it's almost here! AHHHH! : D

All this work is paying off... I can't wait until I'm outta here though. I'm anxiously awaiting a reply from Conservation Patagonia. Fingers crossed that I'm accepted and I can start helping make this new park flourish. I mean I do have a pretty awesome personality : ) Who wouldn't want to have me on board right?

I should get a few more gear items in the mail by the end of the week. SCORE! I still LOVE the mailman. Best guy.. or girl?  ever.

A buddy of mine, Scarecrow, just started the first leg of his journey. He's cycling from Oregon down to San Diego and then once he's here he'll begin hiking the PCT. How hardcore is that? I mean I gotta hand it to him, the guys a stud. Everyone keep him in your prayers that he makes it safe and sound. He's got one hell of a ride in front of him... literally.

Workin like a dog,

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment