Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Spending Money

It's 72 days until I leave on my Pacific Crest Trail adventure. I just bought my tent and backpack today. I went w the Tarptent Rainbow and the ULA Catalyst. It's intense. Every time I think about finally being out there I look back and laugh cause this really is crazy. haha. Gotta love it though right?

I went back to Clovis this weekend. The traffic driving there was brutal. I was stopped on the freeway for over an hour (car crash) It's official....I turn A.D.D. in traffic. I can't seem to help it. I try and occupy myself but I grow so impatient. I definitely put on a show for all the cars around me. At least the cars immediately around me were being entertained. I was singing (with hand motions) to everyone. They thoroughly enjoyed it. Then when I got tired of that I would shake the steering wheel. As if this would have any effect on us moving? ha I don't know. Then I would look at my audience... make a gun w my hand and then proceed to shoot myself and die. And I cannot leave out the little last gasps of air as I began to die from my traffic- imaginary gun shot wound. hahahaha needless to say everyone was cracking up. When we were FINALLY moving (a whopping 5ish MPH) I would swerve back and forth in my lane like a race car driver warming up for the Indie 500. Yes I even made an imaginary flag w my hand and waved it as we began to pick up speed. Yes.. I give you permission to call me a dork. ha but hey I kept us occupied and entertained. I bet they wish the next time they're stuck in traffic they had me back.

It was bitter sweet - as always going to Clovis. The Toaster is no longer w me. It's super sad but I'm so glad I was able to have her for the time that I did. Poor little girl just looked at me as I was packing w the saddest eyes. She knew her momma was leaving. I'll be back soon though so don't you worry!

I FINALLY got my hair cut this weekend. It was much needed. It's so short! Well... for me. I think before I leave I might have some more taken off just so it'll be easier to maintain? I'm not so sure yet. I love my long hair! *sniff sniff* What do you guys think?

My pops let me have his old down sleeping bag. So that saved me roughly $400. And it's unusually light (3lbs) for coming from the age of the dinosaurs. Love you Dad : ) haha

72 days.... eeekkkkk! ha I was trying to sleep last night and I kept talking to my sister "I don't have very much more time of sleeping inside..." and repeatedly "I'm crazy." haha I feel asleep on that note.

My brother and sister (Lyz and Matt Scott) got me a Moleskin journal this weekend. It's very nice. Yay for being able to journal while I'm out there. I have a feeling it's going to fill up very quickly. I love those two.

I now officially have my big 3. Now I just have to wait till they ship and then I can go test everything out. I'm so excited!

I would like to thank Doug and Peggy Hamouz as well as Elizabeth and Robert Green. I am so thankful for your contributions! Thanks for the new tent and backpack guys! Love you! MUAH!

I got Yogi's PCT books a few days ago. Very helpful too. If anyone is planning on hiking the PCT I HIGHLY recommend you get the book!

I also got Halfmile's Maps a few days ago. Pretty much now I just have to wait until everything ships to me. This is getting so exciting! It's all coming together. Thank God... literally Thank you God!

There was so much that I wanted to tell you guys but I kinda forgot. So on that note... until next time!

Audi,

Sara "The Car Lover"


4 comments:

  1. I love how you entertain w your un imitable style of writing! And driving style which I have been privy to many times

    Makes a crappy day at work get farther away. I love you to pieces. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too Mom : ) Glad I made your day a little better

      Delete
  2. good stuff Sara! I am just waiting on a down top-quilt that was donated to me and I will have all my big 3. It is getting so close!! Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting! What's the rating on your quilt? I can't wait either! What time are you planning on starting? Do you have a hitch to KO yet? If not I could give you a ride.. well my sister (my hitch)

      Delete