Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Ocean

I got my Stuff Sack in the mail today! For those who aren't familiar w a stuff sack it's basically just this big bag that you shove your sleeping bag (or other various items) into. Majorly exciting huh. haha just wait how excited I'll be when my tent and backpack come! I got a design on my stuff sack that's of the ocean. So that way I won't have to miss it too much. Whenever I do I can just look at my little bag and be brought back. Funny way to deal w missing the ocean? Perhaps. But I feel it'll help. I went for a measly 12mi walk today down PCH (Pacific Coast Highway). It was so gorgeous! Watching the sun set on the surf was just breathtaking. There was a killer swell today which made sitting there watching the sun go down seem out of this world. So when I start to miss this life I'll just look at my sleeping bag and fingers crossed I'll be brought back to the salty air and the breeze on my face. I'll share it w you guys so you can feel like you're there as well. So nice I know : P



I told Dre (my sister) and her roommate that when I get my tent I'm pitching it in the living room and "camping" out. haha How hard would you laugh if you got home late after work and there was a tent in your house from your couch surfing roommate? We discussed other various places for me to "camp" out as well. Some include but are not limited to: the pool deck and a little grassy area we have in the corner of our apartment complex. Classy I know : )

Everything is coming together so nicely. I keep getting more and more anxious/excited! This is going to be a blast.. what am I talking about? This IS a blast!

70 days until I leave on my Pacific Crest Trail Journey! Cha Ching! I'm meeting so many new people it's amazing. This entire process has been great. I'm still trying to come up w money for food and the remainder of my gear. Donations are still GREATLY accepted. Every little bit helps guys. Literally every dollar. I'm registered here.....

 http://www.myregistry.com/visitors/GiftList.aspx?param=1&sid=bf042d32-aa04-4210-8d80-da1cccb7a433

no joke... : D

or you may email me at saraspcthike@gmail.com to donate. Thank you again for all your help and encouragment. I couldn't do this w out you!

Over and out,

Sara "The Ocean Lover"



No comments:

Post a Comment