Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Selfish Mutt

I cannot believe that Toast will be heading back to stay w my parents. It's so sad! This little girl is going to be missed so much! Who ever visits me on trail should bring her too? Deal? : ) She's really small and can stow away quite easily. Am I selling it? hahaha

After we left work the Toaster and I went to get some PopTarts! haha Yes I really did say that. Personally she wanted the toaster strudels, but they weren't on sale. I ended up buying 2- 24 packs and 1- 16 pack all for a grand total of.... are you ready?....... $9.00!  So thrifty right? Yay for high calorie food on the trail. And for the price, it certainly can't be beat.

When we finally got back to Dre's apartment (my sister) I decided we were going to go for a walk. When most people say they're going for a walk I envision a leisurely stroll through the park or something. NOT US! haha we power walked hills for 12 miles. Took us 3.5 hours. Not too shabby right? And we didn't stop at all. AND! We ran the last 2 miles.... with a 15lb backpack. Well.. Toast didn't run so much as she got pulled. haha. Who can blame her though? For every step of mine she has to take at least 4. Such tiny little legs. What a trooper. She takes after her mom.

When we got through the door I sat down to take off my shoes to discover my socks were no longer.... well.. socks? My foot was showing and there was tiny little pieces of cloth. It resembled the socks I had put on before I left but I'm not sure if they were the same ones. Barely identifiably. So in the trash they went. Toast was so excited when we got back to the house she wouldn't stop giving me kisses. Such a good dog.

After I got out of the shower I discovered what looked like a dead dog laying in the bed. She didn't move when I called her name, all I got was just a little flutter of her ear. I laid down beside her and picked her up and gave her a FULL body massage. She was in heaven. She just kept looking at me then sighing and closing her eyes again. Talk about tuckered out. That lucky little mutt. No, no she isn't really a mutt. Actually she's purebread. Mutt is just so fitting though haha. After I had stretched out her legs and massaged all of her little muscles she got up and licked my face then laid back down again. She's so selfish! I spent over 30 mins giving her a full body massage and all I got was dog slobber. The least she could have done was walk on my back. But nope just dog breath. Aren't I so lucky? haha

But no, in all reality I am VERY lucky to have her. We had a good walk. Gotta love preparing for the Pacific Crest Trail w your dog : )

I cannot wait! It's going to be here before I know it.

Over and Out,
Sara and her selfish (spoiled) mutt.... Toast





2 comments:

  1. She looks so innocent when she is sleeping. She should sleep more.
    I will be seeing you in 2 days! XOXO

    ReplyDelete