Saturday, January 28, 2012

First REAL hike

I decided to go for it today. Toast and I did about 10 miles, and it felt GREAT! I'm back! haha We enjoyed ourselves very much. I was so surprised. Normally when Toast and I go for walks and I take her off leash she'll meander a couple feet ahead and then turn around and do the entire process again. But today she stayed in back of me the whole time. It was very interesting. I don't know if it was the environment or maybe she finally is realizing who the "pack leader" is? Who knows. It was fun though! There were a few people who asked if she was going to be able to make it. HA! This is a Jack Russell. Of course she can. Talk about energy! After all she is her mothers.... well doghter : ) hahaha Here's a picture of the little goose (one of her MANY nicknames). She really enjoys jumping around on all the rocks. Today I think I called her Mountain Goat more than I did her actual name. Good times. 


The Toaster is currently knocked out all bundled up in the bed. Talk about spoiled. I'm going to miss this little munchkin so much. 

When we made it to the top of the mountain we were both taken aback. It was SOOO windy! I literally was hunched over so I didn't fall. I kept thinking maybe I should make blinders for Toast. Everytime I looked at her she had her little eyes barely open. Thank goodness she's so low to the ground. It could have been a lot worse. She thoroughly enjoyed every second of it though.

 

I swear when I took this picture she started humming the "bat dog" theme song. Isn't she such a good poser? I decided that we're going to go for another hike tomorrow morning. I'm thinking El Cajon Peak. It's a tough one for sure, but she's up for it. Now that I know I can hike w out too much pain we're going full throttle. Pacific Crest Trail here we come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment