Monday, February 20, 2012

Cinnamon the Bear

Today I went to get my prescriptions in case anything were to arise on the Pacific Crest Trail. Medications such as Ibuprofen and an Eppy Pen, stuff like that. I (knock on wood) have never been stung by a bee or wasp or anything so I figure I better have the pen just in case. My dad is deathly allergic to bees. So much so to the point where if he doesn't have his pen on him and gets stung he better find a hospital FAST or it's all downhill. So since I'm half of his genetic make-up and all I figure I better carry it. The doctor I saw looked at me like I was crazy. "You're doing what?!" and "Alone??!!??!" haha It was great. I just handed him the list of meds and he just stared at me. Oh the looks you get from people when you tell them what you're doing. It's priceless.

My mom took Toast on a hike today over at my old stomping grounds. She sent me a picture of my little mutt. Oh how I miss her....

It's such a beautiful day over in Clovis today. As much as I LOVE living in San Diego.. I still miss the valley. Weird right?! Who in their right mind misses it? haha. But no it's just so beautiful up there. And my pup is there, and my girls, and my Mom and Pops. 

I keep thinking about what I'm going to miss the most while I'm out there. Many things pass through my head. But the major one is Cinnamon, my stuffed animal. Don't hate : P

Cinnamon is a bear that my grandparents got me before I was born. He's older than I am. He's the ONLY one that has been there for me no matter what. He never judges and he ALWAYS offers a great big bear hug when ever I need.  He is the best bear in the world. 

Now I realize that people are probably thinking this is a little strange. 21 years old and still sleeps w her bear. haha. But you don't understand... okay maybe some of you do : P

The story goes back to the sleepless nights of my childhood. My mom used to play The Velveteen Rabbit for me and my sister EVERY night before we went to bed. Just like the Rabbit is real for the Boy, Cinnamon is real to me. You guys probably think I'm nuts. If you have never read this book then you're missing out on life. This is one of the most important books of my childhood. If you have kids, or even if you don't this book is a MUST! There is also the audio version read by Meryl Streep and accompanied by George Winston that is SPECTACULAR! Go buy it right now! : D

In addition to Cinnamon would have to be...hmm... getting dressed up. Most hikers in the community are very simplistic and could care less. Don't get me wrong I love dressing down. But at the same time I love going out and wearing heels. Painting my nails, throwing on a dress.. you know that sort of thing. Mascara too.. haha. I feel like such a little kid when I don't wear it. My eyelashes are BLONDE! I have been asked on multiple occasions if I even have eyebrows or eyelashes because they're so fair haha. So you can see why I might miss them being black. hahaha. 

All in all living w out these objects is a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things. Time keeps ticking away. 59 days and counting. That's 59 more days of cuddling w Cinnamon : )


Sara and Cinnamon 


1 comment:

  1. I remember Cinnamon sleeping in your bed while I was waiting and waiting and waiting for you to dome. i hope this PCT is not going to be another one of those waiting trips. For you it was 7 extra days to be born. i have a feeling I will be waiting much longer for you on your trip :0

    ReplyDelete