Thursday, February 23, 2012

Working Hard? Or Hardly Working?

Last night I got a text from my boss saying that she didn't need me today. I was definitely bummed because that means no money. So instead I headed over to Iron Mountain. When I left Carlsbad it was 58* and when I got to Iron it was 87*. The temperate increase was anything but welcomed. I was panting like a dog. Too bad Toast wasn't there w me haha. My body was in complete shock. But I still had a blast. This is one of the many routes you can take. I don't particularly care for the main route just because it is so well traveled. I only met one person today. And I almost missed him because I was switching routes (yet again). Despite the intense heat is was a BEAUTIFUL day up there.



I had a job interview tonight and I am pleased to say that I got it! I work in the "care" line of work. Nanny, babysitter, house sitter, elderly, pet care, that type of thing. Because the relationship between me and my client is based upon trust and communication I feel obligated to tell them that I am leaving to hike the Pacific Crest Trail. Usually upon doing so I lose every shot at snagging a job because no one wants to hire someone for 2 months. Today was different though! I got the job! I start on Saturday and I couldn't be more thrilled. I am so incredibly relieved. You guys have no idea how many job interviews that I have been to where I have been told, "We wish you were staying! If you were you'd be hired on the spot. When you get back be sure to look us up." Thank goodness for kind people willing to help me out for the next 2 months before I begin my journey to Canada.


I mentioned before that I took off my "where I'll be tab" on account of the volume of people "following" my journey just as a precaution. So if you would like to meet up w me for a portion of my hike shoot me a message and I'll give you my approximate location.

I was talking to a buddy the other night (who incidentally has a LOT in common w me.. I recommend checking him out. His story is pretty great too... Adventure Crow)  about the term "following." It's kinda creepy right? haha. I know that it is meant in the most non-creepy way. But when you get "I'll be following you" it kinda makes you think... hmmmm. Hahaha.  Am I right though? Especially from people you don't even know. I feel like if they would say "I'll track your progress" or something to that effect it would sound so much better! I feel like "following" gives off the vibe that I'm being stalked. Haha and I definitely don't want that. But you guys are w me that what I'm saying makes sense right? haha I don't know. Just my thoughts.

Yay for new jobs and good hikes.

Sara : P

No comments:

Post a Comment