Thursday, January 12, 2012

Post-Op

Well I'm on day 2 post-op and I've gotta say I'm doing pretty darn good. I took off the bandage today to inspect the new battle scar and.... it's MUCH larger than I had anticipated. I normally don't get surprised because I tend to expect the worse so then when it's better I can always feel like I came out on top. But shesh! I was approximately 8.7cm (but who's counting right?) haha Aside from walking like the hunchback of notre dame over here I'm moving pretty well.

My doctor was a godsend. Thank you everyone for the prayers! It was definitely the best surgery I've had yet. Having already gone through 9 previous ones I'd say that's pretty darn good. Now all I have to focus on is the recovery process. I can tell this one is going to be particularly tricky because it's day two and I'm already trying to do "normal" activity. You know.. things like making the bed, reaching to get things, lifting items heavier than a small cat etc haha. I've still got quite a ways to go. Usually day 3 is the worse so I wonder how tomorrow will go. Fingers crossed it'll be smooth sailing.

I really am taken aback at the massive incision that this one had though. If they didn't get out all the melanoma this time then... *shakes head* ... they better have gotten it.

On a different note, I had to drive to Castaic yesterday because my car isn't working properly. A couple days before Christmas I blew my transmission and I had it replaced up there. However, when I got her back (yes my car is a girl and yes she has a name... Honey) she wasn't purring like the kitten she usually is. So... I figured that this week was about the only time off I'd have to go take her back in so I went. Honey is back once again getting worked on. It's kinda lonely w out her. Yes I'm fully aware I'm talking about my car right now. But I don't think you guys understand.

Honey is my everything. W out that beautiful car I'd be lost. Literally.. I wouldn't be able to drive haha. But no, we've been through a lot together. And I suppose it doesn't help being a major car fanatic. My dad thinks it's a great thing. I mean when your daughter tells you "Dad, I think I like cars more then men..." That should be a fathers dream come true.... and that's saying a lot because I love men haha. Honey and I have been through a lot... I hope she gets better so we can continue our many journeys together.

Believe it or not that's one of the things I'm going to miss the most when I'm out on the Pacific Crest Trail... my car. Okay okay somethings wrong w me. Haha I'm gonna be out in nature thinking about Honey. Go figure. I guess I've just gotta weigh my options. Driving her... or backpacking. Poor car, she's never taken a back seat like this. haha no pun intended.

Anyways, it's late (or is it early?) and I've gotta rest up. They say sleep does a body well. Maybe if I sleep nonstop for two weeks I'll wake up and be healed? Ahh here's to dreaming... both literally and figuratively ; )

2 comments:

  1. A small cat huh... Could you lift a Simba or only a Betsey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My car is also a girl. Her name is "Alison." It means, "noble." - iPod

    ReplyDelete