Saturday, January 21, 2012

Almost There

Well folks, it's almost been two weeks. Do you know what that means? I can regain "normal" activity. Which is a godsend because guess who feels like a caged animal over here. You guessed it! Me! ha. I do have to admit that I haven't been entirely docile. I went on a 5-6 miles walk w Toast last night. Yes I really did name my dog Toast. I did alright on the walk. I can definitely tell I had surgery though. I'm amazed at how well it's healing up. I only have internal stitches. I was a little skeptical at first, but the more I looked at it I saw how amazing it is! Why didn't all my other surgeons only use internal? One of the best benefits is.. wait for it.. I won't look like I have a centipede on me! You know the scar... and then the lines from all the stitches going across like legs? If you've seen surgery scars you'll know what I'm talking about. So three cheers for not having the outline of a creepy crawly on me for ever. Yes.. I know I'm a dork. And I accept the title w honor.

Moving on... I got my car back. I had blown the transmission over Christmas and so she was in the shop. All is better now though. Yay! I went back to Clovis this past weekend to visit my parents and I gave Honey a MUCH NEEDED bath. She really is a spectacular looking car when she's clean. Her rims are SHIII-NY! I love that car. Another amazing thing happened when I was visiting my parents. I brought Toast back! As I'm sure you read ^above.^ This is the first time since I moved to San Diego that I've had my girl w me. And let me tell you.. It couldn't feel any better. I love waking up to a little tongue licking my face, and coming home to the happiest, bounciest, most playful thing in the world. That little Toaster is just the best... don't get me started on her bedside manner though. Damn Jack Russell Terriers. haha na I wouldn't trade her.

I'm officially going to be couch surfing these next 90 days. Ahhh it's exactly 90 days till I start my journey. Can you believe it? If you could see me right now I have the goofiest grin plastered on my face. I'm so excited!! Oh ya..... couch surfing. I'm saving up as much money as I can so I'm going to be living w friends and family till I depart. Sounds like fun right? haha. I'm gonna miss my bed. Oh well. I'll take the sacrifice any day. Such a small luxury in the grand scheme of things.

I'm in the market for another job to help generate a little extra income. If anyone knows of anything let me know. I'm currently a nanny/ date-night sitter/ pet-house sitter. Oh what the heck. If you have any type of "care" need I'm the person you call. I have a lot of other experience in the work field too, ranging from an umpire to a server and a sale associate at Victorias Secret to working at Hallmark. Can you say versatile? : )

I went to a Pacific Crest Trail reading the other night at Adventure 16. It was pretty neat! I met a few of a the people who I'll be hiking w. Everyone seems pretty darn neat. Saw Lon aka Halfmile (The guy who does all the maps for us hikers) again. Such a sweet man. I first met him at Campo when we turned out to support Scott Williamson in his record breaking time of 64 days 11 hours and 19 mins hiking the PCT. Scott is also an amazing human being. He's quite possibly the most humble, generous, loving soul I've ever been around. These two men are a great example of the hiking community and it's support. Gotta love it.

I cannot wait to be out on the trail. I also cannot wait until I am able to slug a pack up on my shoulders and start training normally again. Time just keeps on slowly moving by. But hey you've gotta live in the moment right? So even though I'm anxious as all getup I'm still enjoying the time right now.

I would like to thank a couple people who have helped me out thus far... Meredith Scott, Ora Twinn, Paul Talley, Bud Fry, Brett Tucker of Simblissity, and Rick Mende ofThorlo Socks. Thank you all for the donations and help! I couldn't do this Pacific Crest Trail hike w out you!

If anyone else would like to help out here's the link : )

http://www.myregistry.com/visitors/GiftList.aspx?param=1&sid=bf042d32-aa04-4210-8d80-da1cccb7a433

Literally ANY help is appreciated. Starving college student over here. I'll gladly take anything.

Tomorrows the weekend. Hooray for time off.. but that does mean no money. Truthfully, I'd rather work right now than have time off. I'll have 5ish months of no work so I can bust it out right now and be fine.

Anyways, we all know I can ramble on so I'm gonna say goodnight and head to sleep. Goodnight! Let the countdown begin... 90 days! HOORAY!!

-Sara and Toast




No comments:

Post a Comment