Friday, January 27, 2012

83 Days : )

I leave in 83 Days. Holy moses! It's coming up so fast! I cannot wait! But I can... haha I suppose this waiting IS the journey too. Oh joy! haha. Well, I'm officially couch surfing until I take off. Every time I think of actually taking my first steps on the Pacific Crest Trail I get these retarded little butterflies in my stomach and this grin plastered on my face. I can't help it! It's just so gosh darn exciting! I am so glad that I am able to share this journey w you guys too. I have gotten a tremendous amount of feedback and it's making this process so much more than I could have ever imagined. I'm meeting people that I never would have had the opportunity to and It's just down right amazing. 

My scar is FINALLY starting to feel normal. Now I can walk and I don't feel like it's tearing. Although it still does occasionally. I hope it won't rip that much. Here's to staying put! : ) 

Toast is still here w me and I couldn't love it more. That little dog is so precious. She's on my lap right now as I type. She makes it so nice to come home. Always so thrilled to see me. I'm going to be very sad when I take her back to Clovis on the 4th. But I am thankful that I've gotten to spend this time w her. What a good pup. 

There's still a few major items that I need. Literally the big 3.... Backpack, Tent, and my Sleeping bag. I know exactly what I want.. I've just got to come up w the finances to purchase them. If anyone wants to donate feel free! I'll accept anything! hahaha 

I was able to get 2 pairs of shoes.. I practically stole them the deal was incredibly spectacular! Both pairs of Brooks Cascadia 6's for $100. Courtesy of Ora and Scott Twinn : ) 

My life has been a whirlwind of adventures (both ones I wanted and didn't want) thus far but they have made me the person that I am today. People say they wouldn't change a thing... there's definitely some things I would change haha but all in all it's made me.. well... me. So I guess I can't complain too much. It's made me into the go-getter adventurer that I am. And that right there is a reason to be grateful. Here's to the most ballsy (my dad's nickname) haha adventure yet. What can I say? I'm a Daddys girl... but then again.. I'm a Mommas girl too. 

83 Days and counting! 

Hip Hip Hooray! 

Sara 

No comments:

Post a Comment