Saturday, April 14, 2012

Bitter Sweet

I have been getting more and more anxious as the start of my Pacific Crest Trail hike nears closer. Five more days and I'm outta here! I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride. All these emotions are very overwhelming.

I'm extremely excited and I cannot wait to be on the trail! But it's hard letting go of everything that you're used to. I'm so stoked to finally be out there though. All the anticipation has been building up for so long and planning has been horrendous to say the least. Haha it's not very difficult it just consumes your entire life.

My last day of work is tomorrow. It's going to be hard leaving... but don't you fret I'll be back : P It doesn't help any that my emotions are out of control right now because of this huge step I'm taking. I'm going to miss this place. A friend said today that I'm going to be hiking and I'm going to see two chipmunks and go "that reminds me of the youngins" it was precious to say the least. I'm definitely feeling bitter sweet right about now. I absolutely love my job... not many people can say that.

I'm going back to Clovis tomorrow evening to get the last of everything sorted out. A buddy of mine, David Orozco is a fabulous photographer and he wanted to do a shoot before I leave. It's an amazing opportunity to be able to document this journey. Thanks David!!! : )

I have a new sponsor on board as well... Honey Stinger. Thank you guys for supporting me in this trek! I'm so glad to have your encouragement!

I'm going to spend 3 days in Clovis. I'll leave to come back to the fabulous Sunny San Diego on Wednesday. When I get back I'm having a going away get together. I'm so glad I have so many people backing me and supporting me. All of your love and dedication is really something I couldn't have imagined if I had tried. And to think it all started w "The Letter.' If you haven't read it YOU SHOULD! It's the little tab at the top ^^. Go do it : )

Thursday, I have a speaking engagement at UCLA. I will be sure to let everyone know how that goes! I'm very excited to be able to share my story.

I am so blessed to have been given the life that I have.. no matter how short.. or long.. that may be. I have met so many spectacular people through all my trials and tribulations. Everything that I have been through has molded me into the person I am. Life your life to the fullest every day guys. If you want to do something.. Nike.. "Just do it."

Friday is the start of my journey... and I'm so excited to be able to share it w you guys!

Anxious and Emotional,
Sara 


1 comment:

  1. I too am getting emotional! (although some additional emotions that I as a mother have- that you do experience) I am excited for you to be living your dream and to start this new experience. It definitely will be something you can talk about for years to come, even when you are an old lady. I am glad to be doing this "with you" without being there; I am there in your heart, in your mind, in the stars at night and most especially in your corner- cheering for you the whole way. I look forward to seeing you out on the trail my little angel.

    ReplyDelete